However, there are also some downsides to consider before starting Amazon dropshipping. High competition and no trademark protection are two of the biggest factors that can affect your success.
In this blog post, we take a closer look at the pros and cons of Amazon dropshipping, so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not this business model is right for you.
Pros of Amazon Dropshipping
There are several pros to Amazon dropshipping that make it a great option for anyone looking to start an e-commerce business.
- Large User Base. One of the biggest advantages is the large user base that Amazon has. With over 310 million active users, you will have no shortage of potential customers.
- Low Risk. Additionally, because you are not stocking inventory or dealing with shipping logistics, your risk is very low. This means that you can start your business with very little capital.
- Low Cost. Another advantage is that the costs associated with Amazon dropshipping are very low. You will not have to pay for warehousing or shipping logistics, and there are no overhead costs. This means that you can run your business from anywhere in the world.
- Fast Delivery. Another pro is that Amazon offers fast delivery times. This is important because customers expect fast delivery when they shop online.
- Better Customer Service. Amazon is known for its excellent customer service. This can be a big advantage when dropshipping on Amazon because customers will be more likely to trust a company that they know offers good customer service.
Cons of Amazon Dropshipping
There are also some downsides to Amazon dropshipping that you should be aware of before getting started.
- High Competition. One of the biggest disadvantages is the high level of competition. Because Amazon is such a popular platform, there are a lot of dropshippers vying for the attention of potential customers.
- No Trademark Protection. Another downside is that Amazon does not offer any trademark protection. This means that other sellers can sell products that are similar to yours and compete with you on price.
- No Control over the Supply Chain. Another con is that you have no control over the supply chain. This means that if there are any delays in shipping, you will not be able to do anything about it.
- Low Profit Margin. One of the biggest downsides to Amazon dropshipping is the low profit margin. Because you are competing with so many other sellers, it can be difficult to make a profit.
Outsource Your Order Fulfillment with a 3PL Provider
APS Fulfillment, Inc. is the perfect 3PL provider for your growing business. With APS Fulfillment’s real-time processing, we can confirm your order, have it picked and packed, and shipped with one of our trusted partners, in just 24 hours. We have a state-of-the-art facility that is designed for efficiency, and we use the latest technology to get your orders out the door quickly and accurately. APS Fulfillment is your one-stop shop for all your fulfilment needs!