Miami, FL, March 26, 2020 – APS Fulfillment, Inc. (www.APSFulfillment.com), one of Florida’s leading cost-effective fulfillment companies, is pleased to announce they have recently expanded their services to provide CBD fulfillment.
The CBD (Cannabidiol) industry is on the rise and with increasing legalization, online sellers and local dispensaries are looking to benefit from the growing demand. According to Forbes, the CBD market could reach $20 billion by 2024.
For businesses considering entering the world of CBD retail, it’s important to understand the laws and regulations in the U.S. and internationally, as well as how CBD fulfillment works.
What Is CBD?
CBD is often referred to as “cannabis without THC”. THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) is one of the active components of cannabis and is known for its psychoactive effects. CBD, on the other hand, can alleviate an array of symptoms but does not provide psychoactive effects. Currently in several countries and in many states of the United States, THC is an ingredient that is still illegal. On the other hand, CBD is more widely accepted and legalized, and it has been used as a natural medicine to ease pain, calm anxiety, prevent epileptic seizures, and more. With the legalization of CBD, there is still close monitoring and regulation for sellers.
Is CBD Legal?
CBD is legal nationwide in the U.S., but the extent of legality depends on each state. Like alcohol, CBD has certain limits on how much THC can be found in the oil. Some states limit the THC content to 0% and only allow CBD oil to be sourced through industrial help hemp, which has no traces of THC. Other states allow sellers to use marijuana-sourced CBD, but the legal limit of THC needs to be 0.3% or below. If the products have any more than that, companies could find themselves in serious trouble with the authorities.
Current Laws for CBD Shipment
See below for a breakdown of the laws required by suppliers of CBD.
- THC levels must be under 0.3%.
- Suppliers must be licensed to grow and produce CBD. If they are not licensed, businesses could face the risk of being shut down or facing legal troubles.
- CBD suppliers are allowed to test their products in-house to make sure the ratio between CBD and THC meets standards.
- All products shipped must contain less than a 0.3% THC level—anything more is illegal.
- Businesses must be compliant with all federal, state, and local laws, including those pertaining to the production, processing, distribution and sales of hemp.
- Businesses must maintain compliance documentation that shows they are compliant with the above laws for two years.
- UPS requires that businesses state where they sourced their raw materials (hemp plants or cannabis plants) and how they were processed in the manufacturing of the end product.
- UPS and the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) require verification of who shipped the product to the supplier and how that supplier got it to the customer.
To help businesses abide by these rules, they should know their suppliers. They should ensure that the suppliers have all relevant licenses to produce hemp and get copies of their certification to keep on file. Businesses should also get their CBD products tested to ensure that the levels of THC are within the legal limits.
For businesses that sell food, drink, or supplements that contain CBD, they need to be extra careful to abide by the FDA’s rules and regulations. And finally, businesses should do their research ahead of time to understand where it is legal for them to ship CBD products nationally and internationally.
APS Fulfillment’s CBD Order Fulfillment
APS Fulfillment, Inc. is proud to offer CBD fulfillment orders. As a licensed supplier, they abide by the government standards for CBD fulfillment and ensure a steady supply of products to customers nationally and internationally.
APS Fulfillment, Inc. is one of the United States’ leading cost-effective fulfillment and integrated direct mail marketing companies, offering affordable and real-time fulfillment services to small, medium, and large companies. Its state-of-the-art technology provides turnkey solutions for high-volume perfect-match mailings, personalized direct mail, snap-pack mailers, postcards, and triple-tabbed booklets. More information on APS Fulfillment, Inc. is available by visiting the firm’s web site at www.APSFulfillment.com or by calling 954-582-7450.